Friday 13 July 2012

Bliss


Crawling in the quiet,
word by word;
swallowed in a breath
in unreached realms,
untouched lives.

Courtesy: http://www.squidoo.com/best-books-to-read-in-bed

It is the newness,
it is the goodness,
it is the life that breathes
in each page turned
that enlivens a whole new world.


Tell me a story
rather, give me a book
and I shall survive.
Give me something to read
and I shall come alive.                      

                        
I shall fall in love
with the people who dwell there.
Fantasy, fiction, romance,
they call it.
I name it – Bliss!


For when it’s read - cover to cover,
there will be a part of me
that’ll mourn for its end,
but I’ll gladly smile for a bonus life
and an ever-lasting friend.


– Vaishali

18 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the "life" I lead within the pages of a book. With some books, it is sad when they end. Some live on in memory for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sherry! It feels like we are a part of that story, a part of those characters we have been reading about. I guess, it's the same with every true reader. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this and the photo is so cute and fits well.....I can read this many times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating, Sreeja. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. The joy of immersing urself in the book...

    Well written Vaishali! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laxmi! :) Of course you'd understand the pleasures of a good book, won't you? ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, getting lost in a good book is pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, such a piece of bliss!! Well written, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your vision, yes the ink leaves memories on our soul~ Fun to read and now, off to find a book~ Words are bliss! Well Done~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ella! Glad to hear such nice words. :)

      Delete
  7. indeed..books r our ever lasting frends..n i think dis piece suits me too..excellent work again sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do suit you... that reminds me, I left that novel midway...the [what was its name] novel seemed to be a good one. Let me know the story once you're here.

      And, yes, thanks again! :)

      Delete
  8. for sure :) n d novel's named 'Need'..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent piece of share!
    So short and simple, but remarkable one though. :)
    -Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post, I am interesting in it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...